You can normally take 25% of your pension as a tax-free lump sum. After this, the remaining 75% of your pension will be taxed as income at your marginal rate when you withdraw it. For example, 20% tax if you are a basic rate taxpayer, and 40% and 45% if you’re a high or top rate taxpayer respectively.

Did this answer your question?