How to submit a transfer request

What are the steps to transfer an old pension over to Penfold?

Laura avatar
Written by Laura
Updated over a week ago

Step 1: Have the following details at the ready...

- Name of the pension provider

- Your policy/reference number

- An estimated value of how much is in that pension policy

If you're unsure of how to find out the pension provider or policy number, check out our guide on how to find your old pensions.

Step 2: Log in to your Penfold account, and click on 'Transfer old pension' (just beneath your pot value).



Step 3: Click on "I know some pension details"

Step 4: Enter the name of the pension provider and select it from the list

If you can't find the provider on the list, then select "Other" (this just means that we'll have to manually do some research into that pension provider before we can begin the transfer)

Step 5: Type in your policy/reference number (if asked), and the estimated amount in that pension pot

Step 6: Submit your transfer request, sit back and relax whilst we take care of the rest for you

We'll keep you updated with the progress of your transfer, and we'll be in touch with you if we need any more information from you at all.

Important things to consider before transferring your pension to Penfold:

Although transferring a pension to Penfold doesn't have any additional fees from us, you'll need to double-check with your old provider whether they have any exit fees or not.

Also, if you've moved home, changed your name, or perhaps your date of birth or national insurance number are incorrect on your old policy - these will all need to be up-to-date and 100% accurate on your old provider's system, so we'd recommend getting in touch with them to update your details before submitting your transfer request (otherwise they'll sadly reject your transfer until your personal details match what we provide them)!

You can learn much more about all of the things to consider before transferring a pension to Penfold in our Should I combine my pensions? blog post.

Did this answer your question?