You will need to declare how much you've contributed into all of your pension(s) over the year. This amount should not include contributions made by your limited company or employer, just personal contributions made by yourself.

You can see the amount you've paid in your transaction history on your Penfold dashboard. Please remember that if you have contributed into any other pension - separate to Penfold - you will also have to take add these contributions on.

You will need to declare how much tax relief that you've received on top of these contributions, included in your tax return. You can do this by:

  • Taking your total amount paid into your pension and multiplying it by 1.25

  • For example, you paid in £600, multiply this by 1.25 = £750. That is how much you would need to declare in your tax return

Did this answer your question?